Are you a fan of Counter Strike: Source? Have you got an Android device? Well now you can play Counter Strike on your mobile device! (Sort of..)
Critical Strike Portable is a cross platform game that uses the Unity3D engine and it’s available on Android, iOS, and on the PC via a Web version available on the Critical Strike Portable official website.
The game features all the same features you’d find on the Steam version of this game such as Classic Mode – similar to Search and Destroy and the main game mode in CS:S, Capture the Flag, and Zombie Mode.
I’ve been playing Critical Strike for a while now and it’s a pretty good duplicate of well known Valve title, my only concerns is the menu screens. They’re fairly small to see on my Galaxy Note and it’s generous 5.3″ screen, so I can’t imagine how much smaller the menu options would be on a smaller sized screen.
The controls are the same you’d expect from any other touch screen FPS and the position of the action buttons are fully movable so you can place them where it suits.
Be aware though, this isn’t a port of the popular Valve title, and you won’t find any models that belong to Valve.
The game was developed by FrIuNs along with help from Pavel M and was originally only available by downloading the .apk from this XDA Forums thread.
Since the thread the game has been released on Google Play and iOS (soon) by Studio OnMars and is currently their only mobile title.
Here’s some info taken from the Studio OnMars website;
Critical Strike Portable’s awesome Features Include:
– Cross-platform 3D Multiplayer FPS MMO game (Local/Online) between web, iOS and Android!
– Single player mode: Player vs. Bots
– Smooth and responsive customizable touch controls
– All popular Game Types (Classic, zombie survival, Team Death Match, ect.)
– Customizable server settings: Player HP, player speed, zombie difficulty, modes: matrix mode, night mode, space mode, ect.)
– Free to Play (F2P)
– Dozens of unique maps (and more added continuously)
– Build and upload your own maps with Unity 3D
– And most of all, dedicated and passionate development team to listen your feedback!
Find Critical Strike Portable on Google Play for FREE!