The current theme of most of today’s games is Zombies. There’s zombie shooters, zombie survival games and zombie themed horror games, so when I heard about DARK it was refreshing to see that it had a new type of horror character that I haven’t seen in video games for a long time, and that’s Vampires.
DARK is a brand new stealth action-RPG staring Eric Bane a newly “born” vampire, who must uncover the secrets of this new world, and the mysterious GeoForge Corporation and the ancient vampires who control it.
DARK focuses heavily on being stealth and silently taking down those who stand in your way. As you progress through this dark and mysterious game uncovering more secrets about Bane’s existence, you develop powerful skills to help you remain in the shadows and undetected, or take down anyone who spots you.
- Stealth and action combine as players walk the world in darkness and silence, attacking their unsuspecting foes with supernatural fury
- Use powerful vampire abilities and hard-hitting melee attacks to defeat dangerous enemies — turn into a puff of smoke and disappear, or close with your foes in an instant!
- Powerful and intelligently controlled AI enemies mix the fantastic with the real-world. Battle police and elite special forces along with ghouls and other vampires
- Castles, museums, skyscrapers, nightclubs and more are rendered in stunning 3D cel-shaded graphics, beckoning the player to explore — but beware, powerful enemies hide everywhere
- RPG element mix with a compelling story – players will build up their skills through successful evasion and combat, while advancing the story through conversations with NPCs
Hopefully you’re excited as I am about this game, and we don’t have too long to wait either with DARK coming to Xbox 360 and PC in Q2 of this year.