We’ve been sitting here waiting since April to find out when The Castithan Charge DLC is going to be released and it seems that we finally have answers – not that there’s not a wealth of things to do in Defiance, but it’s about time for something new.
The DLC is set to launch next week on August 20th for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. It’s priced at 800 MS Points or if you have the new updated MS Points-free dashboard, PlayStation 3 or PC it’ll set you back around £6.50 ($9.99). If you have the season pass which Trion Worlds announced just before the game launched, you won’t have to pay – though that’s probably obvious by now!
Along with the DLC you’ll also be getting a free patch which includes more goodies, for free I might add – again. Anyway, here’s what you’ll be getting when the update and DLC lands on August 20th:
- Play as the alien Castithan Species – create a new character or change your existing one
- New Battle Arena Game Mode – an instanced single player “horde mode”-style game that opens up a new story mission line, Castithan Charge Blade weapon and in-game item
- Unique version of the Raptor – a new four passenger truck designed to help small groups of arkhunters to quickly traverse the terraformed Bay Area
- Unique Castithan outfit
- New Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system Achievements and Trophies
Free content when the patch lands:
- New Charge Weapons – shotguns, sniper rifles and pistols
- Sieges — a new type of dynamic content mode that combines Capture-and-Hold control points with kill scores, as enemies invade various mission locations, forcing players to band together to hold them off
- New Monolith Major Arkfall – highly challenging arkfall event with a tough new boss and loot
- Military Academy – a new player-versus-player capture and hold map
- Duels Game Mode – challenge your friends online in one-on-one combat
- Additional in-game changes, including newly enhanced map, and new chat window