Earlier this week NVIDIA revealed what we thought to be the official PC specification for Activision and Infinity Ward’s next Call of Duty title, Call of Duty Ghosts. PC fans everywhere were a little taken back that the game’s minimum requirements supposedly needed 50GB of storage, at least a 64-bit system, and at least 6GB RAM.
In a recent tweet from Activision Support, the company states that the specifications released by NVIDIA were “unfortunately” not official and to “stay tuned for the official requirements coming soon,”.
That might sound like good news for people like myself who have to overclock their CPU in order to get at least a bit of decent performance, but according to VG24/7 spec sheets from NVIDIA/AMD are usually not too far off the mark when the official spec sheets come out. Looks like I’ll be sticking to my Xbox 360/Xbox One then.
For those interested the Minimum System Requirements for Call of Duty: Ghosts that NVIDIA released are:
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
- RAM: 6 GB RAM
- HDD: 50 GB HD space
- Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
- Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
- DirectX: 11
- Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.