Over the weekend an anonymous tipster leaked the entire service manual for the LG-D821, which we are lead to believe to be the yet to be announced Nexus 5, to Android Police. The service manual not only contained how to repair the device, as you’d expect, but some juicy bits of info about the phone and what it’s set to contain.
The images from within the manual have since been taken down due to a request from LG themselves, but the information contained within the manual is still readily available.
Besides from a bunch of charts, diagrams, and other details on how to repair the device the purported service manual contained the following specifications for the LG-D821:
- 4.95″ 1080p display (IPS TFT for those interested)
- 16 or 32GB internal memory
- 2GB RAM
- MSM8974 aka Snapdragon 800 at 2.3GHz
- 8MP OIS rear camera, 1.3MP front camera
- 2300mAh battery
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Proximity/Ambient Light, Pressure
- Slimport compatibility
- Micro SIM slot
- Notification light
- Wireless charging
- Bluetooth 3.0 (Android Police assume this is an error – Bluetooth 4.0 appears elsewhere in the document, but according to the last page it’s still a draft.)
- UMTS/GSM/CDMA/LTE compatibility
As pointed out by Android Police in the second from last point, the service manual is in fact still a draft so some, most, or all of the information could in fact be false or in need of correcting. But we can still get excited right?
For those interested, we did manage to salvage this line drawing found in the manual: