Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

Before the re-release of the ‘better than before’ reboot of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 there was word, more of a rumour that the PS4 version managed to achieve a whopping 60 frames per second, whereas the Xbox One version stood firm at 30. This lead to a debate as to whether frame rate really matters and following the release of the game, it looks like that could be the case..

Yesterday Chart Track, released the UK gaming charts for last week where surprisingly the next-gen versions of Tomb Raider had sold enough to kick FIFA 14 from the top. More surprisingly is the numbers that came along with it with 69 per cent of Tomb Raider copies were bought for PlayStation 4, leaving just 31 percent for Xbox One.

Though Square Enix refused to clarify whether the rumours suggesting that the PlayStation 4 gave a better, faster, gaming experience, the idea alone is seemingly enough to be enough to boost sales for one console compared to another, that and the fact that there has been more PlayStation 4’s sold.

What are your thoughts? Would you be more inclined to purchase a game for one console over another based on it’s performance on said console? Leave a comment below.

Join the Conversation

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of