In the new pattern of post-release content delivery for Rockstar, regular updates for GTAV have become common and even now expected.
However there have been a few things that the community have been begging for from Rockstar, and we may be seeing it soon. I mean, at the very least they’re confirmed that it’s coming in the Spring/Summer.
First off, within the next week, we’ll be seeing a capture creator in which you’ll be able to “strategically place pick-ups, define weaponry, set location, and tweak tons of other variables to make your own unique Capture Job.” These, as with all of community created jobs, will be sorted through to be ‘Rockstar Verified’.
Soon we’ll also be seeing ‘The High Life’ update, allowing players to finally own more than one property. It will be capped at two total simultaneous properties, but hopefully that will be enough for the majority of players. Also coming with that update will be a new rifle, three new cars, a new motorcycle, and new jobs. On top of all that, a new player statistic called ‘Mental State’ will ” let you see just how passive or psychotically unhinged fellow players in your session really are.”
Rockstar is also going to be adding the following features and fixes to the game:
- A ‘Non-Contact’ option for races, so you won’t have to deal with the battering-ram racing style of other racers
- The ability to have Lester not only lose a wanted level, but have the fuzz ignore you completely for a pre-determined amount of time
- Increased payouts on Parachute, Races, Deathmatches and LTS Jobs that have less than 4 players
- Harsher punishments for players cheating and manipulating glitches, specifically with reference to RP gains
- Bonus RP rewards for leaving feedback on jobs
- Story mode DLC
- More holiday DLC packs
Oh – and there is this weird game mode coming spring 2014 called ‘Heists‘ that will allow players to team up and take down banks and the like. More updates coming from Rockstar soon. Seems cool.