In the latest Bungie Weekly Update, the developers unveiled a ton of stats for the recent Closed Alpha for their open world action RPG Shooter, Destiny, which began on the PlayStation 4 earlier this month. Post Game Carnage Report, as they’re calling it reveals exactly what the select group of Alpha players managed to rack up during the few days of play.
Over 6 million player games were played by “too many [Guardians] to count” reveals Bungie’s Community Manager David Dague who also unleashed a ton of other statistics from the closed events including the amount of primary and secondary weapon kills as well as how many “Orbs of Light” were gathered.
Here’s the full stats from the Closed Alpha:
- 6,461,871 Player Games Played
- 149,522,313 Primary Weapon Kills
- 21,782,610 Secondary Weapon Kills
- 4,002,737 Heavy Weapon Kills
- 21,687,298 Super Ability Kills
- 2,819,211 Orbs of Light Gathered
- 6,850,773 Control Points Captured in the Crucible
- 1,195 Deathless Medals awarded in the Crucible
- 4,356 Splatters with the Sparrow
- 667,966 Public Events Joined
- 60,491,944 Fallen Dregs Dispatched with Extreme Prejudice
- Too many to count: Guardians served in Dance Parties
“Putting our Alpha out there lit a new kind of fire here at Bungie,” Dague wrote. “It feels like we’ve been reborn. Putting alpha code out in the wild is always a risk; that build is ancient by our standards, riddled with content and bugs we’d never allow through to ship. In many cases, the really rough and jagged edges had been hammered smooth long ago, making it all the more difficult to see them discovered, but in just as many others, there’s still work to do, and the only way to get it done is to let you touch down in our world to tear the place wide open.”
Did you manage to get into the Destiny Alpha? If so, what did you think? Let us know in the comments below.