What has life become? A video game based on a reality television show? What next? Big Brother: The Video game? Oh wait, that’s basically The Sims.. Anyway for those of you who like to glue yourself to reality TV shows like Dog the Bounty Hunter, Storage Wars, and Lizard Lick Towing, you’ll be pleased to know that another reality series, Duck Dynasty will be getting a video game of its very own set for release on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and 3DS in North America on October 14.
Duck Dynasty is being published by Activision and will put players in the hunting boots of Willie’s son John Luke as he tries to “become one of the Robertson men.” According to the Amazon listing for the game, Duck Dynasty will feature three game modes, a main story mode, a duck shooting gallery, and air boat racing. Honestly, it looks just as mental as the TV show itself.
Here’s a few bullet points from the Amazon listing:
- Call in ducks to your blind using a variety of calls and then fire away
- Hunt Louisianna wildlife including squirrels, frogs and fish for Miss Kay to cook her famous dishes
- Join Jase in duck call room antics as you sneak around the warehouse to trick Willie
- Race against Willie in an airboat as you drive across the Robertson family swampland
- Uncover Uncle Si’s bizzare “treasures” with a metal detector
Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a European release, but for those of us wanting to hunt down some Louisianna wildlife, we can hold out hope.