Assassin’s Creed Unity is unfortunately being described as a game that’s frankly “unfinished,” due to many players encountering not just one, but several different bugs and glitches which are rendering the game almost unplayable for some. Ubisoft have since released two patches in the hopes to squash these bugs but some still persist as the developer works on solving all of the issues found in the game. Today Ubisoft has released details of the third major patch which is set to fix NPC animations, bugs where Arno gets stuck, and more.
This update is set to be the biggest yet, though it sadly won’t fix the games framerate issues. It does however fix some of the game breaking bugs such as Arno getting stuck on certain areas of the map.
In new post on the game’s live updates blog, the company revealed that the patch would hopefully fix the following problems:
- Gameplay: this includes bugs like Arno getting stuck on certain areas of the map (including a few more hay carts), problems with getting into/out of cover, character animation bugs, and general camera problems
- AI & Crowd: in this category are problems with NPC animations, crowd events, and crowd stations, NPC navigation issues, as well as bugs related to NPCs detecting Arno’s activities in various situations
- Matchmaking & Connectivity: this covers a number of issues related to co-op play, including bugs with joining games in-progress and problems that happen during host migration
- Menus & HUD: fixes in this category will address missing details in certain menus, problems with some of the mission objective and co-op update pop-ups, localization inconsistencies, as well as some of the issues with menus and pop-ups overlapping each other
- General Stability: this includes fixes for a number of crash situations we’ve identified in both campaign and co-op modes.
The games previous patches for PC and PlayStation 4 has managed to fix problems with Arno falling through the floor and crashes whenever players try to join online games. This patch is also said to be hitting Xbox One today.
There’s no news on when exactly this third patch will launch for all three platforms, but I’m sure it won’t be too long. A full list of every issue with the game can be found on Ubisoft’s official forums along with what the developers are doing to fix it.