EA and Maxis have this week revealed the latest content patch that’s set to arrive on The Sims 4 this month. The new update adds business and Christmas related things to the game, adding four career paths, time-off, maternity and paternity leave, and a free, unlockable Holiday Celebration pack.
If you’re hoping that your Sims will enter a career in business or athletics, then you’ll be happy to know that the new content update adds career paths in both of those categories. Those with Sporty Sims can pick between Hall of Famer and Mr. or Ms. Solar System, while those who prefer dealing with cash over muscle can become an Angel Investor or a Business Tycoon.
As for the Holiday Celebration Pack, players can make the most of a ton of new Christmassy items by following these simple instructions:
- The Holiday Celebration Pack can be unlocked by logging into Origin and launching The Sims 4.
- Banners within the main menu of The Sims 4 and in The Gallery will show the option to redeem the “Holiday Celebration Pack”.
- Click on the respective banner to surface an in-game pop up that will place the Holiday Celebration Pack in your shopping cart.
- No payment information will be required to check out.
- You will then be directed to an order confirmation page. Click the “Close” button.
- After closing, you will receive a notification that your content is preparing for download. Click the “OK” button.
- Once the download is complete, a notification will inform you that the Holiday Celebration Pack has been successfully installed.
- You will need to restart The Sims 4 in order to see content from the Holiday Celebration Pack in your game.
Once you’ve followed the hefty list of instructions, you’ll be awarded with a ton of Christmas themed items and Christmas jumpers to deck out your Sims in.
The update also adds a new cheat, but this one doesn’t unlock barrels of cash or turns the pixelated blurryness off of shower time, instead it allows you to set any object as your Sim’s head. Yep, if you want your sim to have a desk-clock as a head, you can. A bathtub? Why not!
You can see a full list of added features and accompanying fixes over at the The Sims 4’s updates page.