Because Cyanogenmod is Phaaaabulous
I love Cyanogenmod. When my Samsung Note (Original) was on it’s last legs – clogged to the very depths of its limited memory with updates to programs I never wanted in the first place – I turned to Cyanogenmod. It gave my phone a new lease of life. Finally, I *almost* had complete control over my device, to do with it whatever I wanted.
So it pleases me to hear that the newest handset from Alcatel OneTouch will be running the cryptic OS straight out of the box. In the past, Cyanogenmod was only accessible to those who had rooted their devices, but on certain phones the sparkly OS can be installed with no root. Interest in the system has grown in recent months, and devices are now starting to look to Cyanogenmod as an alternative to Google’s sometimes rather restrictive Android Operating System.
The Hero 2+ is the Hero 2 with a plus sign on the end. It has these things:
- 6-inch full HD edge-to-edge display at 1920 x 1080
- Pretty pretty.
- MediaTek (MT 6591) octa-core ARM Cortex-A7 processor (2 GHz)
- Pretty fast.
- Built in stylus
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB internal storage
- Which is pants, and means you’ll have to buy a microSD card
- microSD card slot
- So you better buy a card.
- 13 megapixel rear-facing camera
- Because other people look pretty.
- 5 megapixel front-facing camera
- Because you don’t look as pretty as everyone else.
- Measures at 160.5mm x 81.6mm x 7.9mm
- Is that swallowable? I don’t think that’s swallowable. Shame.
You’ll be able to buy the Hero 2+ in quarter two from the Amazon store.