2K Games has today revealed the first major expansion for Civilization: Beyond Earth
For those getting the most out of Civilization: Beyond Earth, you’re probably wanting to take the game to the next level, right? Well today, 2K and Firaxis Games has today announced Rising Tide, the first major expansion pack for the latest instalment into the Civilization franchise. The expansion is set to enhance the Beyond Earth by adding more gameplay capabilties which offer “near limitless” ways for players to create their future habitat for humanity.
Set to launch this fall, Rising Tide will add way more choices and diplomatic options as players work towards that new vision for the future of humanity. As you might have guessed by the name, Rising Tide adds new aquatic gameplay allowing players to dive deep into oceans to create cities.. beyond earth.. heheheh. In addition to the wet gameplay enhancement, the diplomacy system has also been overhauled adding additional layers of dynamic choices and options to shape the future of humanity and its partnerships with the AI and one another.
So with a swath of new additions here’s a brief round-up.
- Building floating settlements and accessing natural resources hidden beneath the seas of the alien planet, while alien beasts with unique abilities inhabit the water and challenge players in distinctive ways;
- Shaping the diplomatic landscape by upgrading traits, changing diplomatic relationships, and leveraging the benefits of your allies, all with political capital;
- Unlocking a dynamic set of Diplomatic Traits while activating different combinations in response to the changing world;
- Playing as one of four new factions, including the Al Falah, a group of nomad explorers descended from wealthy and resilient Middle Eastern states;
- Investing in multiple Affinities to unlock hybrid Affinity units and upgrades for the first time;
- Collecting and combining alien relics via a new Artifact System that unlocks powerful benefits;
- Exploring one of two new biomes, Primordial world, an untamed biome rife with volcanic activity and indicative of a chaotic landscape still forming in the new world.