The Witcher 3 has dominated game sale charts across the world, but it’s not often a title cracks the charts and snags the number 1 spot in Japan.
With over 67,000 units sold, The Witcher 3 on PS4 soared to the top spot of the Japanese chart, entering in the top spot that was recently topped with Vita and 3DS titles. Let’s take a look at the Japanese top 5 (courtesy of gamesindustry.biz)
- [PS4] The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – 67,385 (New entry)
- [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition – 11,898 (Lifetime sales – 167,176)
- [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition – 10,876 (243,559)
- [PSV] Lovely x Cation 1&2 – 6,835 (New entry)
- [3DS] Girls Mode 3: Kirakira Code – 6,313 (134,526)
The Witcher 3 hit number 1 on the sales charts in most other regions too, beating titles like GTAV and the titan that is Farming Sim 2015. It’s nice to see a title like Witcher 3, having not been developed in America or Japan, hitting the top spots for a change. More power to Witcher 3’s polish dev team CD Projekt Red! Also – guys, that little thank you note in the game’s case was really nice. Consider my heart warmed you lovely bastards.
Does it deserve these sales? Read our review and find out!