Over 7 months after release, Evolution Studios could finally have the PS Plus version of DriveClub set for launch.
Though there’s still no release date for the PS Plus version of DriveClub, a significant server update is rolling out to the game today paving the way for the release of the stripped-down version. The update should have happened this morning with update 1.16 going live at the same time.
According to Evolution Studios, the server that handle’s the game’s Challenges are being replaced and upgraded saying:
“This will bring bigger, better challenges and improve server performance across the game as we continue to work to make the PlayStation Plus Edition of DriveClub possible.”
Evolution Studios did however reveal that Challenges and Event History will start afresh when the servers go live and that those with active events during the update will not continue on the new servers.
Here’s the full rundown of the update:
- Challenges will be expanded to support an unlimited number of participants.
- Challenge notifications will be integrated into the Social Hub activity feed for easy access.
- The Challenge Menu will have a new interface to make it easier to join Challenges.
- Evolution Studios Challenges will be added to the Challenge Menu for direct and easy access.
- Invitation options will be optimised to focus on active players and reduce challenge notification spam.
- More of our favourite #PS4share pictures created by the community will be added to the Menus.
- Significant technical improvements will be made to enhance server connectivity and prepare for the PlayStation Plus Edition.
It’s safe to say that DriveClub didn’t have the best launch. The game, which was repeatedly delayed, finally launched but the game’s servers just couldn’t cope. As a result, the stripped down PlayStation Plus edition of the game was delayed indefinitely with Evolution Studios and Sony offering no real revised release date.
Could June see the release of the PlayStation Plus edition of DriveClub? Does Sony have an announcement up their sleeves at E3 in two weeks time? We’ll soon find out.