When you’re doing particularly well in Guitar Hero you’d whack the Star Power button then go hell for leather earning bonus points to become the ultimate Guitar Hero master. Well, Star Power isn’t making a return to the game this time, instead new special modifier modes have been unveiled, Hero Powers.
This is a brand new version of the Star Power mode that’ll be coming to Guitar Hero Live and will be activated by either tilting the guitar controller that comes with the game, or pressing the Hero Power button on the controller. Which should feel immediately familiar to veterans of the series.
These Hero Powers come in different flavours however, all of which can be purchased with the game’s in-game currency. Before you load up a song on GHTV, the game’s multiplayer mode, you can choose which Star Power to take with you, which you can then activate at any time during the song, though it only lasts for a short amount of time, as you’d expect.
There are seven Hero Powers in total according to Activision, check out the full list below:
- Clear Highway – Removes all immediate notes from your note highway instantly. The notes are counted as hits, which adds to your score, score streak, and score multiplier.
- Double Multiplier – Your score multiplier will double for the duration of the Hero Power.
- Dial Down – Temporarily reduces the frequency of notes that appear in the note highway. This is especially effective during difficult portions of the song to maintain a big score multiplier.
- Dial Up – Temporarily increases the frequency of notes that appear in the note highway, therefore giving you a chance to increase your score.
- Score Chaser – Maximum score multiplier is temporarily doubled.
- Safety Net – Holds your multiplier and score streak at its current value.
- Invincibility – Temporarily hits all notes, and missing notes do not register.
Guitar Hero Live launches on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Nintendo Wii U on October 23.
To take a look at these Hero Powers in action, check out the screenshots below: