Get ready to dig deep for treasures and beasts once again as Terraria, Re-Logic’s brilliant 2D crafting/building/looting/exploration platformer has just had a new patch, bringing a cornucopia of new content and tweaks to the four-year old title, including but by no means limited to:
- Over 800 new items
- A lot of new banners
- A new biome
- Tweaked and improved visuals and effects
- New minibosses for the Goblin and Pirate Invasion events
- An all-new “Slime Rain” event
- Ability to join multiplayer games through Steam, as opposed to direct IP connection
- New character customization options
- The location of a player’s death is now shown on the map, making retrieving one’s things easier
- Expert mode can now be toggled from the World Creation menu
- Boss AI will be different in Expert mode
- Bosses might drop Expert-mode exclusive loot, rewarding players who take up the challenge
- Improved AI on Town NPCs
- A bunch of quality-of-life updates – bigger stacks, improved details, etc.
- Tweaks to existing crafting recipes and new recipes to craft blocks both new and old
- Much more
Re-Logic were quick to state that what’s listed on their forum isn’t a full changelog by any means – in their own words, “it’s a game about exploring – go explore!”
If you’ve been looking to revisit Terraria or just after something to scratch that mining-crafting itch, now’s the time to take the plunge!
Terraria is available on Steam.