The 2D Dungeon Crawler, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, will be receiving its long awaited DLC on October 30.
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth adds a colossal amount of content to the base game set to keep players interest for at least 100 hours. The games creator Edmund Mcmillen insists Afterbirth makes it feel like “an entirely new game.”
Here is the full list of additions:
- Greed Mode: a whole new game mode with a heavy focus on risk/reward that is a completely new way to play featuring new endings and a final boss.
- Expanded main game: a new final area has been added to the main game along with another new final boss and ending.
- Daily Runs: compete for highscore / best time on the leader boards in these daily seeded runs.
- 10 totally new and awesome challenges
- 1000+ new rooms, as well as new tiny rooms, closets and giant arching hallways.
- A totally new playable character, Lilith, mother of demons.
- 120 new items! not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs, cards etc. taking the item count up beyond 525!
- 4 new alternate chapters with new chapter specific enemy types, visual themes, and surprises.
- A new seed code combo page, as well as a butt ton of new seed codes that mod the game.
- A greatly expanded soundtrack!
- New room types like, trap rooms, double treasure rooms, and ultra rare closets!
- A greatly expanded and updated hud system
- Tons of new secret transformations
- 8 new bosses
- 25+ new enemies
- Updated item combo system
- Far too many new achievements
- 20 million new co-op babies
Afterbirth will cost $9.99, a great price for this much content. Those who preorder the DLC will get a reduced price, specific details of this promotion are not yet released.
Unfortunately this date applies only to the PC addition, console players will have to wait for a while for their copy of The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
The announcement has been accompanied by a rather creepy trailer, check it out!