Netflix has announced a number of dates for its original shows including dates for Orange is the New Black’s fourth season, the second season of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and more. The streaming service also announced a number of other shows will be getting a new season, including Jessica Jones.
Honestly, Netflix is on a roll with its original showings, its partnership with Marvel has released two fantastic shows so far, with many more to come. There’s also a number of completely original titles that have blown my mind, like Orange is the New Black. This year though, there’s going to be so much more.
So what’s in store for this year? Here’s the full rundown with trailers to follow:
- Judd Apotow’s ‘Love’ – February 11
- Full House sequel ‘Fuller House’ – February 26
- ‘House of Cards’ Season 4 – March 4
- Will Arnett’s brand new sitcom ‘Flaked’ – March 11
- Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson comedy ‘The Ranch’ – April 1
- ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ Season 2 – April 15
- A new French series ‘Marseilles’ – May 5
- ‘Grace and Frankie’ Season 2 – May 6
- ‘Orange is the New Black’ Season 4 – June 17
- New drama starring Winona Ryder ‘Stranger Things’ – July 15
- 70s Musical Drama ‘The Get Down – August 12
Now for some trailers!
It looks like Netflix are really onto a winner with these.
In other news, Netflix also confirmed that Krysten Ritter will return for the second season of Jessica Jones, which in itself was an announcement over the weekend. There’s also rumours that Daredevil’s The Punisher, who’ll be making his debut in the second season of Daredevil later this year, who is played by Jon Bernthal, will also be getting his own spin-off series.
Oddly, there’s no news on the Luke Cage series which is supposedly in development, and there’s still nothing on the Iron Fist series either. These two will join Daredevil and Jessica Jones in a planned series about the four heroes called ‘The Defenders’.