Konami has this week announced PES 2017 ahead of E3 and have revealed a number of details including new features and a handful of screenshots.
Hoping to grab the attention of football fans before EA Sports, Konami announced the new entry into the Pro Evolution Soccer series with a full reveal set to take place at the 2016 PES League World Finals in Milan. The new title is set to see the return of the game with a host of new features and quality improvements.
Hoping to retain the “Best Sports Game” for a third year, this years tagline of “Control Reality” hopes to capture the focus Konami has for the game taking things to a whole new level by offering realism in both control and visuals.
Once again utilising the FOX Engine, the developers hope to hit new heights across a number of improvements, and they’ve made pretty lofty claims saying that “users will be able to experience real football for the first time in a video game.”
Here’s a number of key gameplay changes and additions coming to PES 2017.
- Real Touch – See how different players control the ball in unique and different ways based on where and how you control them, dictating the flow of the game based on how they react to the unpredictable movement of the ball.
- Precise Pass – Combining Real Touch and real ball physics, passing is an art form in PES 2017. Many factors determine the speed and accuracy of the ball. The pass that is made on the best situation and timing will generate a perfect trajectory, creating a great satisfaction when a killer pass is made.
- Authentic Visuals – For PES 2017 the visuals have seen a major upgrade, offering Authentic Visuals thanks to the further incorporation of Fox Engine. Nothing has been left untouched, from player models, lighting, crowds, pitch and stadiums totally revamped. Never has a game looked so real.
- Natural Player Movement – Hundreds of new animations have been added to bring the players and goalkeepers to life – but it doesn’t stop there. New features such as Real Touch and Precise Pass see huge benefit, giving a vast array of movements when trapping and passing the ball.
- Goal Keeping – Keepers see a great jump in quality through added motions and animations, creating the most agile keepers in PES history. Attacking moments will be more dramatic than ever, bringing the best feeling of achievement when that goal is scored.
- Total Team Control –Users can instantly change the attacking and defending mentality of the team, which can be tweaked and carefully controlled with simple controls, being able to immediately react to the unpredictability of the sport.
- Advanced Instructions – Strategies that are quite individually defined such as Tiki-taka and heavy man-mark which is strongly based on team ideology can be set in “Advanced Instructions”, which adds a huge variety in how you plan to win.
- Corner Kick Control – Control the defensive strategies on a set piece, such as marking zonal or man-marking. Offensive options also included such as specific player movement.
- Adaptive AI – For the first time in a football game, the AI will learn how you play! Player and team behavior has always been a staple of the PES series and for PES 2017 Adaptive AI will change sports games forever.
PES 2017 is set to land on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC this Autumn.
Here’s a handful of screenshots to give you a glimpse at the new game. We’re expected to hear and see a lot more about the game at E3.