Q-Games’ survival/action social MMO, The Tomorrow Children, has shifted business model to free-to-play, and will be launching into paid Early Access on September 6.
Earlier this month, Q-Games announced that The Tomorrow Children will now be a free-to-play game on PlayStation 4. This new version is set to launch in the coming months, but until then people can buy their way in, early.
Like with most Early Access free-to-play games, The Tomorrow Children will offer a $20 Founders Pack that’ll give players access to the game early. This Founders Pack will offer players some in-game content, DLC items, 100 in-game currency, and exclusive bonus content.
In addition, Founders will also be able to invite upto five friends to join them to play early. Those invited this way will then be offered the chance to either continue playing for free, or purchase the Founders Pack themselves.
So, what’s exactly included in the Founders Pack? Well, with around a $30 value, you’ll find:
- Bourgeoisie papers — This is your first step to becoming a resident of The Void. By earning the “rezidenty” status, player’s will have the privilege to participate in creating structures and items to build your town, access to new tools, and the ability to build your very own house within the town. Also includes five F2P invitations to send to friends.
- Lv1 Arms License — Unlocks access to higher-tier weapons at the weapons dealer in town (purchase items with in-game currency earned by completing various labor tasks).
- Lv1 Tools License — Unlocks access to higher tier tools at the tool dealer in town (purchase items with in-game currency earned by completing various labor tasks).
- Eagle Corp. Jetpack — This high-end Black Market paid item will take you to new heights, allowing you to reach otherwise inaccessible areas on tops of “islands” to mine resources and find hidden items.
- Special costume — “Miner Gear” costume to customize your in-game “projection clone” character.
- Exclusive PSN avatar pack — This is a pack containing three exclusive PSN avatars limited to the Founders Pack.
- 1000 Freeman Dollars — Currency that can be used at the black market to purchase a variety of high-powered weapons, tools, and more, and can also be used as bribes to government officials for quick personal benefit. (This is separate from the in-game credits collected from the town’s City Hall after completing various labor tasks, which are used at the normal vendors in town.)