Following up from the Final Fantasy XIV FanFest event and the announcement that PlayStation 3 support will be no more, the upgrade program to PlayStation 4 and Stormblood has now been detailed.
Those who have been playing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PlayStation 3 can upgrade to PlayStation 4 for free. The process will be done on Mog Station and will be available until December 31st 2017, and if your subscription has expired, you will get 14 days of free play time included in the upgrade process.
Here are the details on the upgrade process:
Step 1: Get your promotion code!
– Important: The upgrade option is currently scheduled to go live at around 9am BST on Friday, 11th April.
– First of all, log into the Mog Station using your Square Enix Account, visit the Account Services page and select the Service Account that you want to upgrade.
– Once selected, you should already see a banner with the option to Upgrade from PS3 to PS4. Click on it.
– You will now be presented with the details of the Upgrade Campaign. I know it’s a lot of text, but please read it carefully, as it contains a lot of information about the upgrade process. When you are done reading, confirm that you agree to the terms and click “Next”.
– On this page you will be asked to confirm your upgrade. If you have multiple service accounts, please make absolutely sure that you have selected the correct service account you want to upgrade.
– If all is in order, click on “Upgrade”.
And you’re done! You will now be displayed with a summary and your Promotion Code to download the game from the PlayStation Store.
Step 2: Redeem your promotion code!
– Please note: If you have participated in the second PlayStation 4 beta, this step is optional, as you already have the game client installed on your system and only need to update it. You still need to go through step 1, though!
– Boot up the PS4, log in to your Sony Entertainment Network Account and go into the PlayStation Store.
– Make absolutely sure that you have the correct PlayStation profile active before you enter the store! Promotion Codes can only be used a single time, so using it on the wrong account would leave you stranded.
– Select “Redeem Codes” from the option menu displayed at the bottom left of the screen and enter the Promotion Code.
– When you’ve done so and confirmed the regulations, you can start the download.
– If something goes wrong with the download. You can try to restart it using the “Library” option in the PlayStation Store menu
If you have any questions or need help head over to the PlayStation blog for additional help.
Did you miss the Final Fantasy XIV FanFest keynote? You can catch up on annoucements, including the new expansion Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood, in our post here.
Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood will be released in early 2017.