Mass Effect: Andromeda is easily one of the most looked forward to games of next year, and there our some new details about the new Normandy.
Called The Tempest, this ship is to become the new Normandy and be your home as you explore the galaxy. As the ship in the Mass Effect games act as a forward operating base of sorts for a number of different functions it is a key part of the game. The Tempest will act as a players home, command center, military base and much more. It will also be the main stage for story events as the games plot unfolds.
The details for Mass Effect: Andromeda’s new ship come via Game Informer who revealed a lot of information. Players will find that the Tempest has no loading screens meaning that you can explore the whole ship without any wait. There are also no elevators. More details about the Tempest include the following:
– The pilot of the Tempest is a Salariann
– Seamless travel between locations meaning no loading screens or elevators
– Players can expect to visit the bridge more often
– Selecting a destination is more dynamic then before
– The Tempest is sleeker and smaller then the Normandy because it’s intent is to be that of a scouting ship
– The human ark Hyperion is the main house for humans with the Tempest being a scouting ship for it
– Sadly no flying the Tempest yourself
– More active then the Normandy with NPCs and comparisons doing things
Furthermore, the official Mass Effect twitter account tweeted that on December 1st during The Game Awards 2016 fans will get to see their first gameplay footage of Mass Effect: Andromeda. It is unknown what gameplay will be, but regardless, it’s going to be gameplay.
— Mass Effect (@masseffect) November 21, 2016
Mass Effect: Andromeda is expected to release in Spring of 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.