Earlier this year the British eSports Association was founded. Though it was early days, it marked a huge step for eSports here in the UK. Now the association is keen to announce that they’ve put together their advisory board and have launched a new website.
As you’d expect, the British eSports Association Advisory Board contains some of the UK’s biggest names in eSports, from British Esports Chair, Andy Payne OBE, to Craig “Wizzo” Fletcher, the Founder of Multiplay.
Here’s the full board:
- British Esports Chair, Andy Payne OBE,
- Paul “ReDeYe” Chaloner, Veteran Esports Host, Caster and Presenter
- Richard Lewis, Esports Journalist of the Year
- Michael “ODEE” O’Dell, President Team Dignitas
- Craig “Wizzo” Fletcher, Founder Multiplay
- Chris Mead, Twitch’s UK Director of Partnerships
- Ryan Hart, World Champion Esports Player
- Ceirnan “ Excoundrel ” Lowe, Colour Caster
- Josh Williams, Founder, National University Esports League
- Carleigh Morgan, Academic
- Andrew Nixon, Partner at Sheridans
This board will be discussing developments and areas of focus for the association and hope to further develop the dominance of eSports here in the UK. The first board meeting will take place in January 2017 and each member will sit on the board for a minimum of 12 months.
On the announcement, Andy Payne said:
“I am really proud and honoured to be taking this role on for British Esports at such an exciting time for the industry. We have assembled a really talented group of esports professionals to interact with the community and guide our activities. There is much to do, but given the talent assembled, we will be able to make a significant difference over the coming 12 months, bring it on.”
Finally, a new website has launched for the British eSports Association, which will be the main hub of information as well as offering advice and support for anyone interested in eSports as well as up to date listings of all of the eSports events within the UK.