Frontier Developments has this week announced the release and details of the upcoming Spring Update for their theme park simulator, Project Coaster.
Coming to all players for free on April 11, they can expect to find a handful of new rollercoasters, three fully-customisable flatrides, and much much more. This update is the second major expansion for Planet Coaster following the massive Winter Update, which added Steam Workshop support.
Since the Winter Update, over 100,000 community-created items, coasters, and rides, have been created for the game, and the Spring Update will hopefully add even more creativity to the game… along with the addition of vandals and pickpockets.
So what exactly does the Spring Update include?
- Steel Hydra. Feel the G-force aboard Planet Coaster’s first suspended swinging coaster.
- Trident. Go there and back again with the first of Planet Coaster’s two new shuttle coasters.
- Bakasura. Trident’s bigger, badder brother is a thrilling inverted boomerang coaster.
New Tracked Ride
- ‘Speed’ Go Karts. Design your own karting tracks using Planet Coaster’s powerful track editor and see your guests put pedal to the metal! Who will win and who will spin?
- Elixir Machine. 360 degrees of spinning, swinging, twisting, upside-down insanity.
- Big Wheel. An iconic favorite from the golden age of theme parks.
- ZoZo. The long-armed ZoZo is another addition to Planet Coaster’s lineup of vintage classics.
- Crime and security. Dissatisfied guests may vandalize park scenery, and pickpockets will infiltrate your park to steal other guests’ cash. Keep your law-abiding guests safe with security staff and CCTV cameras
That’s a lot of content to keep you occupied all spring, eh?