Well this is pretty friggin exciting.. Mary Jane Watson is getting a superhero facelift! This June local comic shops will be getting a series of Mary Jane Watson Variants in anticipation of the launch of the highly-anticipated new series, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #1.One of the most iconic Spider-Man characters ever, grabs the Marvel Universe by the balls and steps into the spotlight as it’s most famous heroes!
“Both the Gwen Stacy Variant Program and this month’s Venomized Variant Program were such runaway successes, we couldn’t help but try to top ourselves,” says Marvels SVP Sales and Marketing David Gabriel. “And with Chip Zdarsky and Adam Kubert’s new Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man book on the horizon, the timing couldn’t have been better to put the spotlight on fan-favorite Mary Jane Watson.”
What if Mary Jane was the All New Wolverine? What if she put on the suit and took over as Iron Man? What if the nefarious symbiote chose her as the new Venom? Well wonder no longer, just check out these incredible variant covers below and MORE!
Today, Marvel revealed their first set of Variants in the month of June:
- ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #21 by David Lopez
- AVENGERS #8 by Mike Allred
- CHAMPIONS #9 by Helen Chen
- DOCTOR STRANGE #22 by Francisco Herrera
- GWENPOOL, THE UNBELIEVEABLE #17 by David Nakayama
- HULK #7 by Rahzzah
- INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #8 by Marco Checchetto
- IRON FIST #4 by Stephanie Hans
- SPIDER-GWEN #21 by Kevin Wada
- THE MIGHTY CAPTAIN MARVEL#6 by Chris Samnee
- THE PUNISHER #13 by Dave Williams
- VENOM #151 by Francesco Mattina
These and more will be graced with the Mary Jane Watson Variant treatment. Be sure to keep an eye out in your local comic shops in June to collect them all.