Today Blizzard Entertainment announced the 24th hero for their award winning game, Overwatch! Orisa is a new addition to the tank class, who fights using a “fusion driver”, or a projectile machine gun.
During a developer update video, Kaplan say that Orisa’s weapon has more range than nearly any other tank hero out there. You can currently find her on the PTR.
Orisa’s role is described as “serving as the central anchor of her team, and defends her teammates from the frontline with a protective barrier.” She can apparently use long range attacks, fortify her own defences, use graviton charges to slow and move enemies, and deploy a Supercharger to boost the damage output of multiple allies at once.
Her abilities are as follows:
- Fusion Driver: Orisa’s automatic projectile cannon delivers sustained damage , but slows her movement while firing.
- Fortify: Temporarily reduces damage she takes, and can’t be affected by action-impairing effects.
- Halt!: Launches a graviton charge which can detonate at will, slowing nearby enemies and pulling them towards the explosion.
- Protective Barrier: Orisa throws out a stationary barrier that can protect her and her allies from enemy fire.
- Super Charger: Deploys a device to increase damage inflicted by allies within her line of sight.