Last week was a pretty huge week for gaming, not only did we have Sony’s first big debut of the year with Horizon: Zero Dawn, but we also had the release of the Switch and a handful of launch titles along with it, including The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

However, in the charts this week it looks like The Legend of Zelda, despite being touted as one of the best games of this generation, couldn’t quite fend off Aloy and her robotic dino pals.

Horizon: Zero Dawn beat The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild by a pretty steep margin becoming the biggest new IP launch for the PlayStation 4 ever. It’s also the biggest launch of the year so far, as well as the biggest launch since Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End.

Looking at The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, a whopping 78 percent of the game’s sales were for Switch while the remaining 22 percent belongs to the Wii U version. Its Switch launch also makes it the third biggest Zelda launch behind Wind Waker and Twilight Princess respectively.

The Switch came with a number of other launch titles at retail such as 1-2 Switch, Super Bomber Man R, Just Dance 2017, and Skylanders Imaginators, however only 1-2 Switch and Super Bomber Man R managed to break the top 10, and Just Dance was the only other title to break the top 40.

This of course makes this week’s rundown pretty shaken up, with Call of Duty finally dropping out of the top 10.

  1. Horizon Zero Dawn
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Grand Theft Auto V
  4. 1-2 Switch
  5. For Honor
  6. FIFA 17
  7. Super Bomberman R
  8. Rocket League
  9. Sniper Elite 4
  10. Battlefield 1

Join the Conversation

Notify of