Hoplon, the developer behind the upcoming free-to-play car-combat MOBA, Heavy Metal Machines’ has announced that registration has opened for its Esports European Championship via ESL Play.
Despite being in Early Access, Heavy Metal Machines has become a pretty big hit among the Esports community and as of right now players can put their money where their mouths are by registering for the Esports European Championship to be in with a chance of winning a share of $10,000.
Heavy Metal Machines is a free-to-play car combat game with some pretty heavy MOBA elements. In the game players are tasked with delivering a bomb to their opponents base, but a team of vehicles equipped with all manner of weaponry are there to put a stop to them.
In our preview we thoroughly enjoyed the game despite servers being a little empty. Fortunately it looks like that’s all about to change as this game joins the ranks of many other Esports MOBA titles.
Registration opened on July 1 and will be open for a limited time, so what are you waiting for, be sure to register now.
The tournament dates and rounds are as follows:
- 1st July – Registrations opening
- 16th July – Qualifiers
- First round – the Swiss Model will be used, which is broken down into rounds. Opponents being chosen at random.
- Second round – winners play against winners and losers against losers.
- Third round – has people who have played two and won two games pitted against each other. The same goes for those who have won one and lost one – they play each other, and those who’ve played two and lost two play one another.
- 23rd July – Play-offs
- Top eight teams from the Qualifiers advance to the Play-offs.
- A double elimination bracket system will be used – everyone has to lose twice before they are eliminated.
- 30th July – Main Finals (and Lower Bracket)
- Lower Bracket Final is played between the last loser of the Upper Bracket and the Lower Bracket winner.
- Main Final is played between the winner of the Lower Bracket Final and the winner of the Upper Bracket.
- Second and third place game is not played – same prize pool