Guerrilla Games has come away with the coveted Studio of the Year Award at this year’s annual Develop Awards in Brighton.
Following their success with the Killzone series, Guerrilla Games surprised everyone with Horizon Zero Dawn, a brand new adventure game which blended futuristic mechanical machines with stone-age civilisations. It was a runaway success and quickly became the best selling launch of the year (before being knocked off by Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy).
So it comes as no real surprise that the studio has received such an award. It’s definitely well deserved.
The night also awarded Rocksteady’s Batman VR for Visual Design and Sound Design. Creative Assembly also grabbed two winning Music Design and In-House Studio Awards.
Check out the full list of winners below:
- New Games IP (Sponsored by Pole to Win): Overcooked – Ghost Town Games
- Animation (New for 2017) Horizon Zero Dawn – Guerrilla Games
- Visual Design (New for 2017) – Batman Arkham VR – Rocksteady Games
- Music Design (New for 2017) – Total War Warhammer – Creative Assembly
- Sound Design (New for 2017 – Sponsored by Dolby) – Batman Arkham VR – Rocksteady Games
- Best Writing (New for 2017) – The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine – CD Projekt Red
- Best Performance – Larry Fessenden (Until Dawn: Rush of Blood) – Supermassive Games
- Publishing Hero – Curve Digital
- Micro/Start Up Studio (Sponsored by Perforce) – Fiddlesticks Games
- Independent Studio (Sponsored by Amiqus) – Playground Games
- In-House Studio (Sponsored by Green Man Gaming – Creative Assembly
- New Studio (Sponsored by Games London) – Playtonic Games
- Creative Outsourcer: Visual & Development – Lost (Amazon Lumberyard) – Realtime UK
- Design & Creativity Tool – Gamemaker Studio – YoYo Games
- Tools Provider – Production (Sponsored by Testronic) – Popcorn FX – Persistent Studios
- Engine – Epic Games – Unreal Engine
- Services – Audiomotion Studios
- QA & Localisation – Universally Speaking
- Recruiter – Aardvark Swift
- Creative Outsourcer: Audio – Soundcuts Ltd – Sunless Sea (Failbetter Games)
- Technology Provider – Multiplay
- Studio of the Year (Sponsored by Epic Games) – Guerrilla Games
- Development Legends – Brenda and John Romero