Unsurprisingly, following last week’s release of Destiny 2, Activision and Bungie’s latest shooter, the game has shot up into first place, however it didn’t do as well as the first.

Despite Destiny 2 launching in the top spot this week and becoming the biggest launch of the year so far, the sequel failed to outsell its predecessor, Destiny, with first week sales almost 58% down compared with the original, however it’s worth noting that this is just physical sales, not digital which is taking a more sizeable chunk of the game’s market.

It’s also worth noting that game is also launching on PC in October, which will likely improve week 1 sales considerably considering its predecessor only launched on consoles.

Interestingly, despite Activison’s deal with Sony Destiny 2 sales were split almost half way, with 58% of player purchasing the game for PS4 leaving 42% for Xbox One players. The original game saw a similar split, with PS3 sales accounting for 51% of sales, and Xbox 360, 49%.

Last week’s number one, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy falls down to second place followed by Forza Horizon 3 which shoots up the charts from tenth place thanks to retailer promotions of ther Xbox One S ahead of the Xbox One X launch in two month’s time. A number of other titles benefit from this boost too as Fallout 4 climbs up to fifth place, Dishonored 2 in eighth place, and Minecraft: Xbox One Edition up to eleventh.

New titles this week include Sony’s Knack 2 which lands in twelfth place, Monster Hunter Stories in twenty-first, and The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ which lands in thirty-sixth. The launch of Lego Worlds on Nintendo Switch pushes the title up the charts to fourteenth.

Here’s the full rundown:

  1. Destiny 2
  2. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  3. Forza Horizon 3
  4. Grand Theft Auto V
  5. Fallout 4
  6. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  7. F1 2017
  8. Dishonored 2
  9. DOOM
  10. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle


Join the Conversation

Notify of