Activision and Sledgehammer Games have released the first big update for Call of Duty: WW2 which brings some fixes to the game’s multiplayer issues, as well as some balance changes to weaponry.
Call of Duty: WW2 didn’t get off to the best start during its opening weekend. Despite managing to rake in $500 million for Activision, the game’s servers were plagued with connectivity issues, so much so that Sledgehammer Games had to turn its Headquarters into a solo event for the time being.
Unfortunately the 48-player social space still isn’t quite back online just yet, but this new patch is set to bring a number of performance improvements to both the multiplayer and zombies game modes.
Patch notes for the multiplayer mode can be found below:
- Connectivity improvements and optimisations
- Fixed de-ranking issues
- Addressed an issue where players encountered an infinite load screen
- Leaderboard stability improvements and bug fixes
- General UI improvements
- Loading optimisations
- Splitscreen functionality improvements
- Added new unlock inventory stars to indicate when new items are added
- Adjusted hit marker audio to be higher default level (note: can be adjusted in settings)
- Fixed out of world exploits on Gustav Cannon and Sainte Marie du Mont
- Espionage Basic Training – Reduced painted time from 10 seconds to 6. Made it so only bullet damage paints you
- Weapon tuning to allow for one shot kills outside of hardcore mode, enabling challenge completion
- Fixed infinite flamethrower bug
- XP Earn rate tuned in Operation Neptune
- Fix issue of shotgun variants not appearing
- Emblem Editor and visualisation improvements
- GameBattles Improvements
- Fixed Gridiron Ball exploits
The update is now available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The PC update is still in the works and is set to arrive soon.
There are a number of weapon balance changes in this patch too, which you can see below:
- Walther Toggle Action Shotgun – Damage increased at extremely close range
- Bren LMG – Increased damage per shot
- LMG Bipod – Sped up ADS time when in bipod stance
- BAR Rifle – decreased fire rate and widened hip fire spread
- STG44 Rifle – widened hip fire spread
- FG42 Rifle – increased recoil and widened hip fire spread
- Machine Pistol – decreased damage ranges
Improvements have also come to the game’s Sniper Class, which had all Sniper Rifles zooming to exact center when ADS.
Finally a few updates have arrived to the Nazi Zombies mode including an exploit being fixed, Klaus pathing has been fixed, and an out of world exploit on The Final Reich has also been fixed.