Codemasters and Koch Media have announced that players will be able to jump into the ONRUSH open beta from May 17 through to May 21.
The beta is set to begin at 2PM BST on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Those who have pre-ordered ONRUSH will be able to gain early access to the beta on May 15.
The ONRUSH open beta will walk players through the basics before throwing them into the mayhem that is a no-holds-barred race to the finish line in either the “Superstar Practice” which is essentially a single player / co-operative mode, or via the game’s multiplayer which is where players will find the main meat of the game.
Superstar Practice is also where players can try out the ONRUSH‘s Phootomode which will give players a bunch of tools to take some neat snapshots of the game in progress.
In the multiplayer mode, players will be able to dive into the Stampede Mode which will have them compete against teams of other players from across the world in fast 6v6 gameplay. The beta will have two tracks for players to get to grips with and four vehicle classes to choose from.
The beta will also include the game’s night races and seasonal changes which will be cycled throughout. Details of the tracks and vehicle classes can be found below:
TRACKS – (Both will feature a variety of weather conditions and different times of day)
- Big Dune Beach
- Crater Lake
- Firewall: RUSHing leaves a destructive trail of fire behind
- Crashbang: Your Tombstones are blinding when collected by opponents
- Tumbler: Earn RUSH directly from front and back flips
- Turbulence: RUSHing leaves a disruptive wake of turbulent air behind
- Touchdown: Timed boost landings are more effective
- Spiral: Earn RUSH directly from performing barrel rolls
- Rampage: Refill your RUSH gauge with every successful takedown
- Surge: Initial boost usage is more powerful but more costly
- Pinpoint: Earn RUSH directly from performing near misses
- Blockade: RUSHing drops a trail of blockades that slow your opponents down
- Shield: Give nearby teammates a shield that offers protection from big hits
- Impact: Earn RUSH directly from taking down opponents