During their live stream Square Enix announced a new Dragon Quest installment, Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age.
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age is the newest installment in the long standing, revered RPG. This is the long awaited next entry from series creator Yuji Horii, character designer Akira Toriyama, and series composer Koichi Sugiyama. The game will be released for PlayStation 4 and on Steam on September 4, 2018.
The game is a stand-alone experience which will introduce new characters, a meticulously detailed world, fine tuned strategic combat, and a new, immersive story that should cater to long time fans and new comers alike.
Limited special editions are available for pre-order through the Square Enix online store and select retailers. The “Edition of Lost Time” contains a number of special items and bonuses to complement your journey.
- The “Edition of Light” version of the game for the PlayStation 4
- Including Supplicant, an accessory with the power to restore magic points, Healer, an accessory with the power to restore hit points, and 3 Seeds of Skill, a consumable item which confer a players extra skill points.
- Companion Compendium – a 128-page hardback art book featuring concept art and famed artist Akira Toriyama’s early designs
- Symphonic Suite – a 2-disc set featuring orchestrated versions of in-game music
- The Map of Erdrea – a 20”x15” cloth map
- A collectible Steelbook® case
- Bonus Digital content– including Pep Pop, a drink that immediately peps up all active allies, and 15 further Seeds of Skill, which confer players extra skill points.
The physical, day-one “Edition of Light” is available to pre-order, and comes with a reversible cover featuring Akira Toriyama’s artwork. Additionally, those who pre-order from the PlayStation store will receive “The Legend Reborn” Theme along with additional DLC items. Players who pre-purchase through Steam will receive an exclusive wallpaper set and additional DLC items.
You can view the trailer for Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age bellow:
We can’t wait to get our hands on Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age when it lands on PlayStation 4 and PC September 4. Share our excitement? Let us know in the comments!