Ryu ga Gotoku Studio, the same team behind the Yakuza series, announced that their new game Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise will be releasing in North America and Europe for PlayStation 4 on October 2, 2018!
Based within the world of the Fist of the North Star manga, this intense action-RPG sees players taking control of Kenshiro, as they travel through an alternate universe of the original story. You can explore the post-apocalyptic wastelands in a customizable buggy, and decimate groups of enemies with Kenshiro’s signature Hokuto Shinken moves.
Staying with the trend of the studio, Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise will be filled with character and world developing side quests and boast a collection of hilarious mini games. From running a nightclub to rhythm based Hokuto Shinken chiropractic therapy sessions there are boundless adventures to explore and experience that allow players to explore the world in new and intriguing ways outside of combat. Speaking of combat, fighting and character progression are also key factors in Lost Paradise. Unlock new Hokuto Shinken techniques with experience earned through completing story missions, defeating enemies, and completing side quests and mini games.
- Become the Fist of the North Star – Experience an alternate version of the Fist of the North Star canon; control Kenshiro as he searches for his lost love Yuria in a post-apocalyptic Earth. Lost Paradise can be enjoyed as a completely standalone experience, knowledge of the existing canon isn’t necessary.
- Two ways to Listen- “You Are Already Dead” or “Omae wa Mou Shindeiru?”– Lost Paradise features English / Japanese dual-track audio.
- Master the Hokuto Shinken Style – Kenshiro’s ultimate assassination techniques, the Hokuto Shinken, are yours to use as you see fit. After building up the Seven Star gauge, you can obliterate enemies from the inside out with dozens of brutal and iconic Hokuto Shinken techniques, faithfully recreated from the original manga. More lethal techniques will be available as you progress through the story and battles.
- Explore EVERYTHING in a Lost Paradise – Every martial artist needs the occasional break from kicking ass. Luckily, there’s no shortage of side missions and minigames. Use your Hokuto Shinken style to prepare drinks at a bar, customize a buggy and race through the barren desert, play retro games at the arcade or your hideout, including the original Fist of the North Star game, and more. If you’re getting tired of the city you can head out in your buggy to collect materials and complete side missions.
- Extra Carnage – Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise features everything available in the original Japanese version, plus extra carnage for the localized version! For the first time, witness the full effects of Kenshiro’s brutal Hokuto Shinken on the lowlifes and thugs of the post-apocalyptic wastes.
Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise will launch exclusively on the PlayStation 4 both digitally and physically on October 2, 2018. Be sure to check out the trailer below.