Conan Exiles has now become the fastest and best selling game in Funcom’s history, arguably proving that people will literally lap up anything if you make it a survival game.
Announced via Funcom’s site, the open-world survival game has sold more than 1.4 million copies, meaning that it’s beaten the company’s previous record holder, 2008’s Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures.
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures managed 1.4 million three years after it’s launch, while Conan Exiles has decimated that sales milestone in only 2 months (if we go off the official release and not the time the game spent in Early Access).
Following on from the success of Conan Exiles, there’ll be a new DLC dropping on August 23 dubbed ‘Jewel of the West’.
Jewel of the West is going to be the second DLC for Conan Exiles and will include new armor, building pieces, weapons and furniture in a new Aquilonia theme. According to the game’s lore (and presumably, the Conan lore in general), Aquilonia is “the center of the civilized world”. Looking at the screenshots of the content, that means players can expect to be cosplaying as Romans in no time!
The DLC pack contains:
- 39 new Aquilonian building pieces: A full set of building pieces with the same stats as existing tier three.
- 15 new armor pieces in three sets, such as the Black Dragon armor: Light, medium and heavy sets with an epic end-game version of each.
- 9 new weapons in one Aquilonian weapon set: Same power as iron weapons with an epic end-game version of each weapon.
- 5 new Aquilonian warpaints: Decorative warpaints symbolizing, for example, rule and bravery.
- 25 new placeables, such as the harp and councilor chair, craftable in the Aquilonian Artisan station.
Also on the back of Jewel of the West, Conan Exiles fans will be receiving a free update to introduce pets and a taming ability, for all you Steve Irwin fans out there.
“In addition to the Jewel of the West, the team is also hard at work putting together one of our biggest free updates yet,” said Creative Director Joel Bylos.
Could dick physics be the key component to Conan Exiles success? It was probably the highlight of my time with it, which I mentioned in abundance in my review, but the game definitely falls flat in other areas.
Excited for more Conan Exiles content? Let us know in the comment section below!