Fortnite gets a sea of new content in this week’s Patch, with the new Rift-To-Go item and Limited-time Modes hitting the title.
Fortnite Battle Royale gets a new item in the form of the Rift-To-Go, allowing players to open a rift for a tactical escape or a frontal assault. Players will have to be wary, however, as their rift could well end up being used against them by the enemy.
Rift-To-Go is a portable Rift for Fortnite Battle Royale that can be carried in a player’s inventory and deployed immediately:
- When activated, players are teleported into the sky and placed in skydiving mode.
- The Rift will remain at the location it was deployed for 10 seconds, allowing other players to use it.
- The Rift-To-Go has Epic rarity and will drop in stacks of 1 with a max stack size of 2.
- The item can be found in chests, Vending Machines, Supply Drops and Loot Llamas.
General Weapon Alterations
The Rift-To-Go isn’t the only itemised alteration to the title, with a sea of changes hitting several of Fortnite Battle Royale’s weapons:
- Pump Shotgun equip time has been shortened from 0.96 seconds to 0.88 seconds.
- Double Barrel shotgun now has a spread reduction of 15% while crouched.
- Clingers will now only explode when their fuse has expired.
- Clingers will no longer explode if the object they are attached to is destroyed. They will be affected by gravity and fall until they stick to another object or their fuse expires.
- Impulse Grenade max stack size increased from 8 to 9.
- Bouncers now need line of sight of a player to activate.
No changes to the recently added Heavy Sniper Rifle have been made.
Score Royale is a new Limited Game Mode coming to Fortnite Battle Royale, in which players will need to score points through actions, with the winner being the first player or team to hit the required score cap:
- Early game Storm circles are larger and the Storms move in more slowly, giving players more time to spread out and search for loot.
- Late game Storms move in fast, and players will need to earn enough points for the Victory Royale before they close in.
|Winning Score (Solo)||2000|
|Winning Score (Duos)||3000|
|Winning Score (Squads)||4500|
|Use an Apple or Mushroom||10|
|Open an Ammo Box||25|
|Open a Llama||50|
|Open a Supply Drop||100|
|Eliminate an Enemy||100|
|Open a Treasure Chest||50|
|Find a Bronze Coin||30|
|Find a Silver Coin||50|
|Find a Gold Coin||100|
As always, you can find the full list of bug fixes and patch notes for Fortnite over on the Epic Game’s website!