Overwatch is set to be updated with the latest run of fixes and changes hitting the PTR, including some long-standing issues.
The first addition hitting the Overwatch PTR is the new map Busan, revealed at Gamescom 2018 alongside the new animated short for D.Va. The map is set in D.Va’s hometown and will have players fighting three distinct locales, ending at the MEKA Base. MEKA Base is home of South Korea’s frontline defence against the Omnic’s, D.Va and the rest of the MEKA squad.
Secondly, Overwatch is set to gain av quality of life upgrade, with a new feature function added to the Hero Gallery allowing players to view all of the cosmetics Overwatch has to offer. Players will be able to customise their search for cosmetics by category, rarity, and their unlock status.
The PTR is also getting some updates for some of Overwatch’s most popular heroes. Brigitte is having a knockdown effected added to her Shield Bash, meaning that when she charges another charging character, both will be knocked down, much like the now infamous mechanic where two Reinhardt players throw themselves together headfirst, landing on their arse. There are also some nice changes coming to Ana and Widowmaker, improving the precision of the Relative aim Sensitivity.
The adjustment made to Ana affects her Biotic Rifle:
- Increased the precision of the Relative Aim Sensitivity While Zoomed slider. This can be found under Options > Controls > Hero > Ana
Brigitte’s alteration affects her Shield Bash ability:
- Now knocks down and gets knocked down by other charging targets (e.g Reinhardt and Doomfist)
Reinhardt’s alterations affect his Earthshatter Ultimate:
- Now will consistently hit enemies near walls
- Will no longer hit enemies that enter the damage cone after the shockwave has passed that area
- Will no longer damage enemies behind barriers blocking it, even if the barrier is later dropped or destroyed
- Will always travel up inclines and around the payload
Widowmaker’s alteration is identical to Ana’s and affects her Widow’s Kiss Rifle:
- Increased the precision of the Relative Aim Sensitivity While Zoomed slider. This can be found under Options > Controls > Hero > Widowmaker
Overwatch players have been talking about the inconsistency of Reinhardt’s Earthshatter for a while now, so it’s nice to see Blizzard finally addressing the issue. The developer left the following comments regarding the changes:
“We’ve given Earthshatter a complete overhaul to combat inconsistencies with its performance. These changes will make Earthshatter’s behaviour more predictable and effective.”
Overwatch will also see a couple of Changes coming to FFA and 1v1 game modes, with Blizzard World being available for FFA, and Mercy now spawning with her Caduceus Blaster equipped. It’s actually somewhat staggering that the latter has taken so long to be implemented, as it seems like basic common sense.
As always, the full list of changes hitting Overwatch’s PTR in the latest Patch can be found on the Blizzard Forums.