Microsoft’s new studio, The Initiative, has gained a couple of top talent including developers who have worked on God of War and Rockstar’s Red Dead Redemption.
This weekend The Initiative studio head Darrell Gallagher posted on LinkedIn welcoming a number of new staffers to the Microsoft-owned studio. The post has since been removed, but as you all know, everything is permanent when it’s on the Internet.
In the LinkedIn post, Gallagher posted:
“I’m really excited to add to the team at The Initiative. We have had an incredibly positive response from the development community after our E3 announcement and I’m pleased to share some of the talented people already on the team”.
He then listed the following:
- Brian Westergaard (previously worked on God of War (2018) as the lead producer.)
- Annie Lohr (recruiter for the company and previously worked at Respawn.)
- Christian Cantamessa (Red Dead Redemption lead writer and designer.)
- Blake Fischer (Previously Senior Director of Portfolio Planning for Microsoft.)
- Daniel Neuburger (formerly Crystal Dynamics.)
- Lindsey McQueeney (formerly Crystal Dynamics.)