Samsung has announced a gaming PC to rival its contenders; The Samsung Odyssey Notebook.
Samsung is not usually a company that comes to mind when everyone is screaming out the brand their favorite gaming PC’s. It’s quite a challenge to stand up to the more experienced companies that are solely focused on that side of the technology market including the likes of MSI, Alienware, and Asus to name a few. However, during CES 2019 in Las Vegas, Samsung announced its entry into the market: The Odessy Notebook.
The new Samsung Odessy Notebook boasts some impressive specs featured below:
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 GPU
- 8th Gen Hexacore Intel Core i7 processor
- 16GB RAM
- A 15.6-inch screen with a 144Hz refresh rate and 1080p display.
- 256GB NVMe SSD Storage
- 1TB HDD, although owners can replace to upgrade for more space if need be.
- An all metal chassis with the display raised up from the super slim body.
- A new cooling system with five heat pipes and more blades on the system fans.
- Finally, there are also three USB-A Ports, a USB-C port and an HDMI jack.
Well… I may have to move some money around for this new investment, or rob a bank. Both options seem equally do-able at this very moment in time.
No price or release date has been given to the new Samsung Odyssey Notebook as of yet but it will be available in the US sometime in early 2019, or if you’re one of the lucky ones at CES 2019 then it’s available on the showroom floor to get to grips with right now.
What are your thoughts of Samsung’s big push into the PC market? Is this a product worthy of your time? Or will you stick to the comfort of PC giants like as MSI and Alienware that have always given solid performances? Sound off in the comments below and let us know!