Metro Exodus has received it’s first major update, bringing New Game+ to all platforms, as well as a host of additional fixes.
Metro Exodus’ first update, referred to as the Ranger Update has been released, bringing New Game+ to all platforms. Additionally, Xbox One owners can now use a keyboard and mouse as their preferred input device. 4A Games has also gone in and added Steam Controller and DualShock 4 support for PC users.
You all know how New Game+ works by now, after your first playthrough, you’ll be able to go back through the title, keeping the weapons you’ve unlocked through your playthrough. Armour and wrist attachments, however, will not be coming with you despite the scaling enemies.
You can find a full list of patch notes for Metro Exodus’ PC update here, and console players need to look no further than right here. 4A Games also stated that they will continue to work on future updates and is set to release DLC Details for Expansion Pass holders soon.
The key changes coming in New Game+ are as follows:
- Allows you to start with all weapons and attachments found in the last playthrough
- Weapons are granted after freeing Anna in Moscow
- Starting weapons will be the last loadout that was set in the previous end game save
- All other weapons and attachments previously unlocked will be available in the Aurora Workbench Armory, first encountered in Volga
- Player Armor/Wrist upgrades do not carry over
- Reduces weapon slots to one. Any weapon can be used in this slot, but you can only take one with you. Manage this by swapping Weapons in the field, or by using the Aurora Workbench Armory
- Provides Player with the Crossbow at the beginning of the game in addition to normal Weapon Progression. Yermak gives the Player the Crossbow after Jammer scene in Moscow.
- Crafting in the Backpack is disabled, you may only use a Workbench
Only Weapon modifications allowed in Backpack
- Armored Enemies
Human NPC’s are upgraded by one level of Armor across the game if applicable
- Tougher Creatures
Creatures have thicker hide across the game
Human NPC’s use explosives more often
- Real-Time Weather
Change the game’s natural day/night cycle from 2 to 24 real hours for complete immersion
- Bad Weather
Fog, Rain, Snow, and Sand storm conditions occur more frequently where applicable
- Radiation is Forever
Additional radiation zones will appear across some levels, making the Gas Mask more important
Are you excited for New Game+ in Metro Exodus? Let us know in the comments below!