Battlefield 5 is to be graced with everyone’s favorite gaming addition this week, as its microtransaction currency rolls out on all platforms.
That’s right, microtransactions are making their long-awaited entrance into Battlefield 5. Known as Battlefield Currency, these microtransactions will be arriving in the game alongside a range of new cosmetics tomorrow, April 4.
Now the good news is that you won’t be able to buy anything that will give you an advantage on the battlefield. You will, however, be able to spend your hard earned money on new cosmetics and time savers, for those of you looking to gain all those sweet Tides of War rewards without actually turning the tide of war.
Later on, in Chater 3 of Battlefield 5’s Tides of War, the title will see the introduction of Elite sets. These consist of a unique character model with a name and character background and will feature their own themed cosmetics, voices animations and even assignments. the first two will be Seamus and Ernst, of which more details are yet to be revealed.
Also coming later in this chapter are Tier Catch-Ups and XP Boosts, allowing players to catch up and earn rewards in a shorter timeframe. Battlefield Currency will launch with a Starter Pack and Premium Starter, which contain the following:
Battlefield 5 Starter Pack:
- 500 Battlefield Currency
- Glacial – Face paint (Rare)
- Night Owl – Weapon Skin Set (Rare) for four weapons: Sturmgewehr 1-5, Sten, KE7, Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk I
Battlefield 5 Premium Starter Pack:
- 3,500 Battlefield Currency
- Demolisher – Axis Soldier Outfit (Epic)
- Cool Hand Duke – Allied Soldier Outfit (Epic)
- Skorpion – Panzer IV Vehicle Skin (Rare)
- Icefire – Spitfire MK VA Vehicle Skin (Rare)
- Chromed Finish – Weapon Skin Set (Rare) for four weapons: Sturmgewehr 1-5, Sten, KE7, Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk I
Also landing tomorrow is a rather hefty patch, containing numerous fixes, most notably for Battlefield 5’s new Firestorm Battle Royale mode. Hopefully, these fixes will lead to a much smoother experience across the whole title. You can find a full list of patch notes here.
You can find out more about Battlefield 5’s Battlefield Currency over on the DICE FAQ.