God of War went into the BAFTA Game Awards with the most nominations and didn’t disappoint. It came away the winner in five categories as well as taking the big prize – Best Game.
The 15th annual ceremony, which was hosted by Dara O’Briain in London, saw God of War win best music, best narrative, best audio achievement, best performer and of course best game. Red Dead Redemption 2 however, was nominated for six categories but walked away empty handed.
There was also a category which allowed the public to vote on EE Mobile Game of the Year, in which Old School Runescape won. Another big winner was Nintendo Labo, which won two awards including best family game and best innovation.
Of course, a game like Fortnite couldn’t be left out of any awards right? And you’d be correct to think that as it won the best evolving game award.
The full list of winners;
- Original Property: Into the Breach
- Music: God of War
- Game Design: The Return of the Obra Dinn
- Evolving Game: Fortnite
- Narrative: God of War
- Debut Game: Yoku’s Island Express
- Mobile: Florence
- Family: Nintendo Labo
- Artistic Achievement: Return of the Obra Dinn
- Multiplayer: A Way Out
- Audio Achievement: God of War
- Game Innovation: Nintendo Labo
- Performer: Jeremy Davies, God of War
- Best British Game: Forza Horizon 4
- Game Beyond Entertainment: My Child Lebensborn
- EE Mobile Game of the Year: Old School Runescape
- Best Game: God of War
Do you agree with the winners at this year’s BAFTA Game Awards? Let us know in the comments below!