Apex Legends is now deep into its second season, and with the new content, came a new wave of cheaters; which Respawn plans to deal with swiftly.
In a recent blog post, Respawn outlined their upcoming actions to tackle the problem of cheaters, especially in the title’s Ranked Leagues. “As we’ve said before, the war against cheaters will be ongoing and remains a high priority for us.” Respawn said in their statement. “There will always be work to do, improvements to make, and new things to adapt to.”
The proposed measures are as follows:
- Using machine learning to create behavior models that detect and auto-ban cheaters.
- Requiring TFA in certain regions on high-risk accounts.
- Improving detection that identifies and bans new spam accounts before they are used.
- Ongoing work to adapt to new cheats.
- Matchmaking that matches detected cheaters and spammers together.
- Investigating how people party up for matches. Even if you are not specifically using a cheat, partying up with cheaters is still cheating.
- Increasing resources whether that be people or tech.
Cheaters are certainly dampening the experience, and its good to see that Respawn has more than one method in the pipeline to deal with them. How are you finding Apex Legends season 2? Let us know in the comments below!