The newest update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has arrived, and with it come plenty of changes and adjustments. The main draw of the update is the addition of the Hero from Dragon Quest, but there’s a lot of smaller tweaks being made as well.
Here’s the whole lot:
- Very Easy difficulty has been added to Adventure mode.
- Snapshots can be added to the timeline in Edit Video. Only snapshots taken via the pause menu can be used; screenshots taken using the Capture Button cannot be used. In addition, snapshots taken from custom stages cannot be used.
- Steel, grass, sponge, paper, and yarn terrains have been adjusted in Stage Builder. After this update, stages created in versions 3.1.0 and older may behave differently. In addition, the way thumbnails are displayed has been adjusted.
- The following spirits will appear in the Shop on the Vault menu:
- Great Sabrecub
- Liquid Metal Slime
- Hero’s Comrades
- Online Tourney mode has been added. While a tourney is open, please check rules and more within Online Tourney.
- A Support function to predict the winner of a Spectate battle and earn points has been added. The points can be exchanged for in-game items and gold.
- Videos can now be played repeatedly in Shared Content. In addition, a Yeah! will be added automatically whenever you save posted content.
- The following downloadable content will be usable after purchase:
- Hero Challenger Pack
- Erdrick’s Helmet + Armour
- Martial Artist Wig + Gi
- Veronica’s Hat + Outfit
- Slime Hat
- You cannot make videos of replays that contain DLC you have not purchased (fighters, stages, music, Mii Fighter costumes, etc.).
- Once the FS Meter is fully charged, the Final Smash must be used within 20 seconds or the FS Meter will reset. Note: This change will not affect Spirits mode.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve the gameplay experience.
There have also been numerous changes to made to certain characters and their moves. You can read the full list of adjustments here.
Still to come to Smash Ultimate is the addition of Banjo and Kazooie to the roster after their announcement at this year’s E3. The remaining DLC, which includes two unannounced characters, is slated to arrive by February 2020.