Here at n3rdabl3 we aim to offer honest, unbiased, and critical analysis of all of the topics we review, whether it’s a video game, movie, or comicbook. However it can often be unclear what a certain score may actually mean in the grand scheme of things.
Introducing our Review Policy.
Here you’ll find explanations of our review system and what each score means. We’ll also add other policies we have in place in regards to updating review scores, and how we handle any corrections to our published reviews.
Find below a breakdown of our scoring system:
For all of our reviews, we follow an “out of 10” system meaning all of our reviews are rated out of ten points.
When rating video games, you’ll often see a number if different criteria in which the reviewer rates individually. These scores, also out of ten, are calculated into one finall score. Here’s what that final score means:
- 0 – 1 – The game is broken, almost or literally unplayable, and certainly not worth your time.
- 2 – 3 – While the title may be in a fully playable state and have some redeeming factors, it’s not a worthy contender.
- 4 – 5 – A generally okay game, but not work its full price tag, worth a try if it ends up on sale.
- 6 – 7 – A generally quite average game, might be reaching a bit, but generally enjoyable.
- 8 – 9 – Consider this title a pretty great game, it may have some issues, but a highly enjoyable experience.
- 10 – This game is 100% worth the time and money, any flaws are negligible.
All of our movie reviews are single scoring, meaning the entire movie will be scored as a whole out of 10. Here’s what our final score means:
- 0 – 1 – An absolute bore, would rather watch paint dry.
- 2 – 3 – Though some aspects were enjoyable, it was a pretty dull experience.
- 4 – 5 – Impressive in some areas though usually dragged down by other aspects of the movie.
- 6 – 7 – Definitely worth a watch, but only if there’s nothing else on.
- 8 – 9 – An incredibly enjoyable experience, take a date to see this movie.
- 10 – This movie has to be one of the movies you watch before you die, it’s that great.
Like movies, our comic books are single scoring meaning the entire comic release is scored as a whole out of 10. Here’s what our final score means:
- 0 – 1 – Only really good to start a fire with.
- 2 – 3 – Eh, it’s okay, but definitely could be better.
- 4 – 5 – Has some redeeming qualities, but falls short in other areas.
- 6 – 7 – An average release, but easily forgettable.
- 8 – 9 – A fantastic read, though has a few minor flaws.
- 10 – An all round winner, definitely worth picking up.
- All our reviews are final.
- None of our reviews are paid-for or sponsored, nor will they ever be.
- While we may receive advanced copies of games, movies, or comicbooks, and work with publishers closely, all of our reviews are honest.
If you have any questions about our review policies or need more clarification, please feel free to get in touch with us at hello[@]n3rdabl3.com